Wide Bed Traveling Gantry Straightening Press
For Straightening Plates and Weldments
Our custom traveling gantry straightening presses and wide bed plate straightening presses feature three moving axes (X, Y, Z) for straightening large plates, castings, weldments, and burned shapes.
These sturdy machines are rigid enough to maintain full tonnage across the entire bed. The three axes of movement provide full ram coverage of the bed, eliminating the need to frequently reposition heavy workpieces.
Features and Benefits
Savage’s Traveling Gantry Straightening Presses can handle steel plates and fabrications of massive proportions and are well-equipped and available in a range of sizes to achieve your application. Each includes:
- Boxed steel weldment bed construction for structural rigidity with the fully-machined bed surface
- Lubed-for-life wheel bearings that allow the gantry to traverse the full length of the bed
- A removable pendant allows the operator to walk comfortably alongside the press during gantry travel
- The operator’s control station travels with the gantry
- Hydraulic motor-powered rack and gear drive for both X and Y axes
- Ram stroke control to ±.001″ minimizes the need for highly-skilled operators
- Optional in-bed powered forklifts to ease anvil block repositioning
- Optional wireless remote for cord-free operation
In addition to these standard features, we customize every traveling gantry straightening press to meet your unique requirements. We’ll work with you to determine:
- Bed size / Loading area size
- X-Axis gantry travel distance (L-R)
- Y-Axis ram coverage (F-B)
- Z-Axis daylight opening
- Anti-rotation guide rod that allows for directional tooling
For nearly 60 years, Savage Engineering has been designing and building high-quality, custom traveling gantry plate straightening press to meet each customer’s unique needs and exact job specifications.
Our process is fully integrated from concept to delivery. You’ll receive onsite installation, training, and technical support throughout the operating life of your press.
All Savage Presses are made in the USA. We are committed to your complete satisfaction and success. Let us design the machine your business deserves!