Die Spotting Press With Swing-Out Platen
For Die Spotting, Mold Spotting, and Die Try-out
A die spotting (or mold spotting) press is a precision-guided, 4-post, or gib-guided hydraulic machine used in the manufacturing and verification of dies and molds. These presses are also regularly deployed to perform offline repairs, which helps to eliminate costly bottlenecks caused by using a production press as a checkpoint. The addition of a 90o or 180o swing-out platen and shuttle table separates the tool halves to further streamline the process.
Die spotting presses can be used for a variety of applications but are primarily utilized to inspect, verify or finish the upper and lower portions of a die or mold, and to confirm the required precision.
These presses are designed to accurately simulate the manufacturing process for high accuracy proofing of dies and molds.
Because die spotting presses have versatile applications they are used in a wide range of industries, including automotive and aerospace, in which case their precision and exactness are especially important.
On top of these components, our presses allow for:
- Ergonomically comfortable work areas for repair and spotting
- Face up and side-by-side comparisons and repairs
- All tool-correcting operations, bluing, and grinding to be completed safely outside of the press
- Precise tool reassembly with “kiss” contact for accurate and controlled spotting
- Core pull controls with quick-connect couplers using auxiliary hydraulic controls
Features and Benefits
A typical Savage Engineering die spotting press is designed with several functional benefits including:
- Four corner uprights that support the overhung weight of swinging die
- Upper swing-out bolster (front or rear swing-out available)
- Frontal extension table with a lower bolster that shuttles out for full access to upper and lower bolsters
- A non-slip maintenance mezzanine with safety railing
- Maintenance ladder with a safety cage
In addition to these standard features, we tailor every press to meet customer specifications. We’ll work with you to specify:
- Bed size
- Daylight opening
- Shuttle distance and orientation
- Frontal swing-out platens
- Light curtains
Why Choose Us?
For nearly 60 years, family-owned Savage Engineering has been designing and building high-quality, durable hydraulic and mechanical presses to meet each customer’s unique needs and exact job specifications. Our process is fully integrated from concept to delivery. You’ll receive free onsite installation, training, and technical support throughout the operating life of your press.
All Savage presses are made in the USA. We are committed to your complete satisfaction and success. Let us design the machine your business deserves!